Treasures of the Greek Isles
Priced From $5,199 per person
8 Days | 7 Nights
From the quiet island slab of Monemvasia to the resorts of Santorini and Mykonos, a late night in Kusasadi with an included dinner at Ephesus completes Windstar’s often sold-out itinerary.
- Envelop yourself in history with visits to nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites in this region.
- Take an excursion to Epidaurus, where people have traveled miles to be healed.
- Visit the romantic ancient castles of Monemvasia.
- Find the breathtaking view from Nafplio’s Palamidi Castle after climbing the 999 rock steps.
- Tour highlights of Athens including The Parthenon and The Acropolis.
- Spend full days in the Greek Isles with later evening visits in Santorini, Kusadasi, Patmos and Mykonos.
- Savor Windstar’s complimentary Destination Discovery Event featuring dinner in the ancient city of Ephesus.
DAY 1: Athens, Greece
With 3,000 years of history, you can’t turn around in Athens without encountering the past. The Acropolis, a UNESCO site, the Plaka, and the Acropolis Museum are must-sees. But leave time if you can to climb Pnyx Hill for photos of the Parthenon at sunset, to buy your own set of Greek komboloi (worry beads), and to explore the metro stations that serve as mini-museums for the relics that are constantly being unearthed.
DAY 2: Mykonos
Wake this morning to the postcard-like scene of Mykonos, the classic Greek isle dotted with hundreds of whitewashed churches and thatch-roofed windmills, in a harbor bobbing with fishing boats and luxurious private yachts. An optional tour including a scenic ferry ride takes you back to the 6th century B.C. to the tiny island of Delos, a UNESCO site and the mythical birthplace of Apollo.
DAY 3: Kusadasi
Few places offer such a rich combination of history and scenic beauty. In Ephesus, one of the greatest outdoor museums in the world, you’ll explore legendary sites steeped in history. Also visit the houses of Bulbul Mountain, where the roof of one forms the terrace of the next. This evening we present our Destination Discovery Event — dinner in the moonlight and a concert near the Celsus Library or on Harbor Street in ancient Ephesus.
DAY 4: Patmos
This UNESCO World Heritage Site is known worldwide as the sacred island where St. John wrote the Book of Revelation, Patmos is the ideal place for nature lovers with its coastline of sheer cliffs and its volcanic soil. Highlights of Patmos include the Cave of the Apocalypse and the Holy Monastery of the Apocalypse.
DAY 5: Santorini
As our yacht approaches the spectacular cliffs rising from the deep azure sea, you’ll understand the magic of this area, where some say the ruins of Atlantis remain hidden. Visit the village of Oia and see the iconic Santorini blue domes or take a guided tour of Bronze Age excavations at the UNESCO site of Akrotiri. Toast the day with a crisp, cold glass of local Assyrtiko wine and appreciate the magic accessible to small ships like ours.
DAY 6: Monemvasia
This Gibraltar-like town tied to the mainland by a single thread of causeway holds treasures that are old even by Mediterranean standards, with town walls and several churches dating to the 12th century. Climb to the upper town for an up-close look at the castle and Agia Sophia, a Byzantine church. Wander the lanes of the lower town lined with Venetian mansions, many of which have been lovingly restored. Savor the sun on a smooth pebble beach.
DAY 7: Nafplio
This charming seaside town on the Peloponnese is one of the most romantic cities in Greece. Enjoy the medieval old town with narrow cobblestone alleys, and neoclassical mansions with bougainvillea trees adorning the balconies. Take an optional tour to the UNESCO site of Epidaurus or the UNESCO site of Mycenea, ancient ruins including the famous Lion’s Gate. Stroll the Syntagma Square and take in the beauty of the Palamidi Castle with its 999 steps carved from the rocks. The view is breathtaking.
Priced From $ 5,199 per person (Cruise only fare)
Please contact Us for Single Room Pricing
Space is subject to availability. The Itinerary and dates are subject to change.
Contact us to find out more!
At the time of booking, please have the following information ready for all members of your party:
- Traveler’s Name: First and last names as they appear on your passport
- Passport copy – Photo page(Passport must be valid for 6 months after return date)
- Traveler’s Address
- Email Address
- Traveler’s Phone Number
- Tour Name and Departure Date
- Purchasing Airline Tickets in Business or Coach class along with departure/return airports
- Purchasing a travel protection plan
- Emergency Contact Information: Please provide the name and phone number of a relative or friend (not traveling with you) whom we could contact during the tour in the unlikely event of an emergency
- Certain travel partners mandate Covid vaccine and booster shots. This changes on an ongoing basis so please check with us at the time of booking.
Call to find out more about the initial deposit requirements and cancellation policy.