Magna on the Danube with Pickleball
Priced From $4,199 per person
8 Days | 7 Nights
Indulge your passion for awe-inspiring architecture, timeless music, breathtaking landscapes and culinary delights on this beautifully curated itinerary specifically designed for the AmaMagna. Apricot brandy and chocolate tasting in Dürnstein and an exclusive wine festival in Spitz are only a few of the epicurean experiences you’ll indulge in. Vienna, home to a treasure trove of Baroque splendors, including its grand Schönbrunn Palace, gives you a glimpse into bygone grandeur; while Budapest and Bratislava offer a vibrant mix of east and west. Click here to watch a video of your fellow travelers playing pickleball on the AmaMagna while docked on the Danube River.
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and onshore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Dinner, Captain’s Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer, and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits, and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks, and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Play Pickleball while the ship is docked
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
Board the ultra-luxurious AmaMagna and settle into your stateroom.
Budapest offers an unmatched combination of culture and tradition. Visit the Great Market Hall before going to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. You’ll see Heroes’ Square and Castle Hill, home to the Fisherman’s Bastion and Mattias Church. As an alternative, hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city. During the afternoon, sail out of Budapest, passing through the scenic Danube Bend where you’ll see some of Hungary’s oldest settlements, including Esztergom, Visegrád and Szentendre.
Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title “Coronation City of Kings,” as you’ll discover during your walking tour. Or join a special “Tastes of Slovakia” tour. For a more active adventure, hike to Bratislava’s gleaming castle.
Vienna offers a wealth of gems and your city tour showcases its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs. Conclude your tour in Vienna’s historic city center, and then visit St. Stephen’s Cathedral; or discover Vienna by bike. During the afternoon, visit the UNESCO-designated Schönbrunn Palace and Gardens, the main summer residence of the Habsburg rulers. Built in the 18th century as an imperial summer residence, this magnificent 1,441-room Baroque palace is one of the most important architectural, cultural and historical monuments in Austria.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Krems, gateway to the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley, is your starting point for a visit to the lovely Baroque village of Dürnstein. Stroll along Dürnstein’s cobblestone streets to the Baroque Stiftskirche, with its famed church tower on a walking tour. For a more culinary-focused experience in Dürnstein, enjoy an apricot liqueur and brandy tasting and special apricot treats from a local boutique. Those who wish a more active adventure of the area can hike to historic Dürnstein Fortress or cycle from Krems to Dürnstein and back for lunch. During the afternoon, cruise through the vineyard-rich Wachau Valley—one of the most beautiful river valleys in Europe, where some of Austria’s finest white wines are produced—to Spitz. Once in Spitz, you can visit the 900-year-old Melk Abbey situated high atop the granite cliffs of the Danube; or get active with either a Spitz- Emmersdorf-Spitz bike tour or hiking adventure. During the evening, be treated to an exclusive wine experience where you’ll enjoy some of the regions famous wines, including Grüner Veltliner and Riesling.
Join a walking tour through the old city center of Linz and by the Mozart House; or bike along the city’s famed “Cultural Mile” and the Danube. For those who love The Sound of Music, enjoy a full-day excursion to Salzburg and tour the historic center, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of the Basilica St. Michael, where the famous wedding scene in the movie was filmed. In the afternoon, you can visit the charming Czech mountain town of Český Krumlov.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Join a walking tour and marvel at Passau’s Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Or take a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus fortress. You can also ride to Wernstein on a guided bike tour. Later in the day, sail to the charming town of Vilshofen, where you’ll be treated to a festive Bavarian Oktoberfest celebration complete with music, beer and pretzels.
Disembark your ship and prepare for your return flight home.
Tour Operated by AMA Waterways
Book any Ama Waterways departure subject to availability.
At the time of booking, please have the following information ready for all members of your party:
- Traveler’s Name: First and last names as they appear on your passport
- Passport copy – Photo page(Passport must be valid for 6 months after return date)
- Traveler’s Address
- Email Address
- Traveler’s Phone Number
- Tour Name and Departure Date
- Purchasing Airline Tickets in Business or Coach class along with departure/return airports
- Purchasing a travel protection plan
- Emergency Contact Information: Please provide the name and phone number of a relative or friend (not traveling with you) whom we could contact during the tour in the unlikely event of an emergency
- Certain travel partners mandate Covid vaccine and booster shots. This changes on an ongoing basis so please check with us at the time of booking.
Call to find out more about the initial deposit requirements and cancellation policy.