Costa Rica and Panama Canal
Priced From $2,299 per person
8 Days | 7 Nights
Enjoy a front-row seat to one of mankind’s greatest engineering achievements as you cross the Panama Canal narrated by a canal expert, and roll up your pants legs as you make wet landings in isolated ports of call in the company of a Windstar onboard naturalist..
- Discover the remote and pristine coastlines of Panama and Costa Rica.
- Learn insights from our naturalists who are on board for the entire cruise.
- Find the rainforest flora and fauna along the coastline of Golfo Dulce.
- Explore the beaches and wildlife of Manuel Antonio National Park and don’t miss the plentiful marine wildlife at Isla Parida.
- Appreciate the scale of engineering of the Panama Canal with a daylight transit.
- Enjoy the thrill of wet beach landings via Zodiacs launching directly from the yacht.
DAY 1: Colon
Explore the inner workings of the Panama Canal, head into the jungle to meet with Embera Indians, or take an aerial tram ride through the rainforest canopy.
DAY 2: Panama Canal
At nearly 48 miles long, on your transit through the Panama Canal you will enter three sets of locks that raise and lower the vessel 85 feet between the calm Pacific Ocean and the shimmering waters of the Atlantic. Your voyage features a daylight hours transit with numerous observation vantage points for outside viewing and comfortable indoor air-conditioned lounges. Expert onboard commentary enhances your journey as you watch the day to day workings of this bucket list experience.
DAY 3: Balboa/Fuerte Amador
One of the entrances to the Panama Canal on the Pacific side, Balboa/Fuerte Amador was founded in 1519 and is a short distance from Panama City. In 2012 Balboa was ranked #1 in Latin America in the category of world’s busiest container ports. Sightseeing highlights include the colonial homes, the Administration Building, the Goethals Memorial, the Prado, and the local handicraft markets of traditional Panamanian crafts.
DAY 5: Isla Parida
Located within a Nature Preserve of 50 islands, and part of Chiriqui Marine National Park lovely Isla Parida boasts magnificent beaches, one of which is over 1,300 feet long. The crystal clear waters stay at 82 degrees year round and are filled with marine life. There are numerous hardwood trees like teak, mahogany, and eucalyptus, and fruit trees like mango, banana and coconut trees. Here you will be treated to Windstar’s Signature Beach Party on a secluded beach that faces the Pacific Ocean.
DAY 6: Golfo Dulce
Picture Jurassic foliage growing down steep hillsides all the way to the waterline, the hoots of monkeys echoing through trees choked by orchids. Golfo Dulce is one of Costa Rica’s most biodiverse areas, where both the jungle and the sea brim with life. Explore the canals by kayak in search of javelinas, butterflies, and more bird species than in all of North America. This port is accessed with a wet landing.
DAY 7: Quepos
The former banana-exporting town of Quepos is your basecamp for a day of rainforest adventure. Take a walk along trails that weave up to waterfalls, or ride horseback to a beautiful jungle pool. A float trip through a mangrove swamp populated by monkeys, crocodiles, egrets, and herons is also available. Or you may choose a nature walk through Manuel Antonio National Park, with its lovely beaches, easy trails, and abundant animal life.
DAY 8: Puerto Caldera
Please contact Us for Single Room Pricing
Space is subject to availability. The Itinerary and dates are subject to change.
Contact us to find out more!
- Traveler’s Name: First and last names as they appear on your passport
- Passport copy – Photo page(Passport must be valid for 6 months after return date)
- Traveler’s Address
- Email Address
- Traveler’s Phone Number
- Tour Name and Departure Date
- Purchasing Airline Tickets in Business or Coach class along with departure/return airports
- Purchasing a travel protection plan
- Emergency Contact Information: Please provide the name and phone number of a relative or friend (not traveling with you) whom we could contact during the tour in the unlikely event of an emergency
- Certain travel partners mandate Covid vaccine and booster shots. This changes on an ongoing basis so please check with us at the time of booking.
Call to find out more about the initial deposit requirements and cancellation policy.